Tattoos about shows or movie?

Mike Clayton

I know that some people get them to remember them or cause they really like them. Is it a good idea to get a tattoo of a show/movie that you really like or really appreciate? I am thinking of getting a breaking bad tattoo because I really like it and its a show I can watch over and over its my favorite show.

And for some of you that know me I am still gonna try to get the phoenix on my leg to finish it up by danny reed but need money for that or and gotta have time.

There are a handful of films & TV shows that deserve permanent memorials on skin, and Breaking Bad may well be one. But regardless of what I (or any other LSTer) believe, do what makes you happy. I've long considered a text tattoo from my all time favorite show (The Wire), but can't decide on just one line. I've also considered a Wild Bunch tribute of some sort, but can't nail,that one down either.

As the saying (kinda) goes, If you love something, set it free or get it inked on yourself permanently.

Incidentally, what are you thinking of?

I agree on doing what makes YOU happy.. Never been a huge fan of tattooing things that are 'fleeting' if you will, I mean in 30 years you may have forgotten most of breaking bad(which is a great show IMHO) and have a different opinion.

I'll never discourage anyone from getting something that has meaning to them. I'm sure there are plenty of ppl who would though.

I'm planning on getting a Dark Tower piece, the difference IMO ONLY is that this book series is the root of basically everything Stephen King has ever written and has a different historical significance, again just my opinion and am not trying to discourage you at all.

I guess it's the same in some respects but different in others..

Any idea of what you want? I personally lean towards subtle VS lets say a logo.

There are a handful of films & TV shows that deserve permanent memorials on skin, and Breaking Bad may well be one. But regardless of what I (or any other LSTer) believe, do what makes you happy. I've long considered a text tattoo from my all time favorite show (The Wire), but can't decide on just one line. I've also considered a Wild Bunch tribute of some sort, but can't nail,that one down either.

As the saying (kinda) goes, If you love something, set it free or get it inked on yourself permanently.

Incidentally, what are you thinking of?

I was thinking of gett walt and jessie in the suit and have some money around and some blue meth back with there name above them in the breaking bad sign.

I think movie and TV tattoos can be really rad when they're done well. Unfortunately for me' date=' the worst tattoo I have is from a movie... bah[/quote']

Picture of said tattoo?

I have several ideas for the the piece I spoke of wanting but I fear they may not translate well into high quality/long lasting tattoos. I leaning towards my artists wife doing it because her style seems to suit what I want better.

Just asking for a pic because I'm curious if 'your worst tattoo' because of the piece/image or style of the artist..?

Picture of said tattoo?

I have several ideas for the the piece I spoke of wanting but I fear they may not translate well into high quality/long lasting tattoos. I leaning towards my artists wife doing it because her style seems to suit what I want better.

Just asking for a pic because I'm curious if 'your worst tattoo' because of the piece/image or style of the artist..?

ahhhhh, no, sorry...

I literally do not ever wear shorts in public because of how embarrassed I am of that thing. It's a color portrait(yeah, seriously) of Pan from Pan's Labyrinth. The reference I gave the artist was from a scene at night, and the fucking tattoo has bright orange hair and whenever anyone does see it, they go straight to Avatar. I think you get the idea :)

ahhhhh' date=' no, sorry...

I literally do not ever wear shorts in public because of how embarrassed I am of that thing. It's a color portrait(yeah, seriously) of Pan from Pan's Labyrinth. The reference I gave the artist was from a scene at night, and the fucking tattoo has bright orange hair and whenever anyone does see it, they go straight to Avatar. I think you get the idea :)[/quote']

Ouch! No way to 'fix' it? Enhance it? Cover it? Or are you thinking removal? Only asking because you're clearly embarrassed/unhappy with it.

Ouch! No way to 'fix' it? Enhance it? Cover it? Or are you thinking removal? Only asking because you're clearly embarrassed/unhappy with it.

I'm going to get a giant black snake with some flowers going up my leg to cover it and another tattoo I have on my thigh. The one on my thigh is somewhat salvageable, but I would rather have something else at this point. I think that may end up being my next project after I finish an older piece that I've been neglecting for a couple of years. Cheers to wise decisions made as an apprentice, hahaha

As long as you don't get a realistic color portrait of Bryan Cranston, I think you will be okay. If you get something that looks like a tattoo it won't matter if where it came from is relevant in 20 years. I kind of like the police drawing of Heisenberg, think it would make a nice simple tattoo and people who know would recognize it right away.

If you get something that looks like a tattoo it won't matter if where it came from is relevant in 20 years. I kind of like the police drawing of Heisenberg' date=' think it would make a nice simple tattoo and people who know would recognize it right away.[/quote']

I'm buying this!!!

TV show and movie tattoos can be just as good or bad as anything else, really. I'm probably not alone in this, in that a huge amount of interest and influence in my life comes from mass media in the form of music, books, film, tv, etc. So why not get that stuff tattooed? I have two book/film inspired tattoos, a handful of band tattoos, and plan on plenty more, including some tv show references.

Yeah, as long as it looks good, who cares? I have a "They Live" tattoo and an "Edward Scissorhands" one. I don't care, I love them. I'm planning on another movie one too. I love movies. Maybe a Simpsons one, but it'd have to be really weird, nothing obvious. I've considered Star Wars ones, but so many have those so if I did, also, it'd have to be really strange/not obvious for me. Sarlac pit in my armpit or something. I dunno.

But yeah, as long as YOU like it and it's a good tattoo, go all out! Here's an idea: Hank's head with a scroll saying "THEY'RE MINERALS!" or "GOD DAMN IT MARIE!" and a blue bladed knife sticking through it. Or a Hector's bell with a scroll "DING DING DING!"

Yeah, as long as it looks good, who cares? I have a "They Live" tattoo and an "Edward Scissorhands" one. I don't care, I love them. I'm planning on another movie one too. I love movies. Maybe a Simpsons one, but it'd have to be really weird, nothing obvious. I've considered Star Wars ones, but so many have those so if I did, also, it'd have to be really strange/not obvious for me. Sarlac pit in my armpit or something. I dunno.

But yeah, as long as YOU like it and it's a good tattoo, go all out! Here's an idea: Hank's head with a scroll saying "THEY'RE MINERALS!" or "GOD DAMN IT MARIE!" and a blue bladed knife sticking through it. Or a Hector's bell with a scroll "DING DING DING!"

"They Live" tattoo is such an amazing idea. It's one of my favourites by far!

Would love to see a pic if you feel like posting!

• 4 weeks later...
As long as you don't get a realistic color portrait of Bryan Cranston, I think you will be okay. If you get something that looks like a tattoo it won't matter if where it came from is relevant in 20 years. I kind of like the police drawing of Heisenberg, think it would make a nice simple tattoo and people who know would recognize it right away.

Definitely thought about getting this.

I sort of like the idea of mining Charles Addams' New Yorker cartoons for ideas. Addams work was, of course, the inspiration for the Addams Family TV show and movies. He is my favourite cartoonist. Here is the google images link to some of his work. https://www.google.ca/search?q=charles+addams&es_sm=91&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=yWdUUpXlAtW14AO_p4G4BQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=852&bih=439&dpr=1