Hi, Im New!!

NotExpected85

Im new here and im hoping to get all kinds of great advice because im diving in Saturday and getting my FIRST tattoo!! Im scared, nervous and a giant chicken but i really want it! I want to get "Be Still" on my left wrist. (am i crazy for my wrist being first?) Be Still has meaning to me. Its from Exodus 14:14 and Psalm 46:10.

Ill take ANY advice you have or suggestions! Lay it on me. Should I get it on my wrist? What should I expect for healing time (with normal healing and after care)?

Welcome. There was a poster recently who got her wrist tattooed and was concerned about the visibility of it, especially in terms of employment, so think very seriously about what it will mean to have a tattoo that is difficult to conceal. Are you in a line of work that accepts visible tattoos? Are you willing to possibly commit to a life of wearing long sleeves even in the summer if people don't accept your tattoos? I'm not saying don't do it, but just tobe aware of how people might react to it. Some nice script could be nice, but you could also look into images that convey a similar meaning...how about a big Fudo Myoo tattoo?

Welcome. There was a poster recently who got her wrist tattooed and was concerned about the visibility of it, especially in terms of employment, so think very seriously about what it will mean to have a tattoo that is difficult to conceal. Are you in a line of work that accepts visible tattoos? Are you willing to possibly commit to a life of wearing long sleeves even in the summer if people don't accept your tattoos? I'm not saying don't do it, but just tobe aware of how people might react to it. Some nice script could be nice, but you could also look into images that convey a similar meaning...how about a big Fudo Myoo tattoo?

Im a Stay At Home Mom so im not employed outside of that. I really like the script and no to Fudo.

Don't get it facing you. Try to get some nice hand drawn script (e.g. BJ Betts) and not something that looks like a fancy computer font

I am getting it facing me

I wasnt asking IF i should get it. I AM getting it.

I am getting it facing me

I wasnt asking IF i should get it. I AM getting it.

So pretty much the whole "Ill take ANY advice you have or suggestions! Lay it on me. Should I get it on my wrist?" was just bs.

The advice to not get it facing you is the common wisdom here. If you don't want to take that advice, of course you don't have to, but you're the one who asked.

I am new here and followed the advice of members here. At first I thought my ideas were better, but when I stepped back I realized they were/are absolutely correct with the advice they gave. Try not taking it personal and step back and think about it a bit. I would not get I facing towards me, just my two pennies.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

Why shouldnt it face me?

This is considered upside-down; the tattoo should face out towards the viewer (not you) and be readable/easy to interpret. Everybody will know the tattoo is "for you" even if it reads outwardly this way - it's on your body after all!

Also, upside-down script on a wrist is such a common request that it has become a common eye-roller for many (most?) artists.

This is considered upside-down; the tattoo should face out towards the viewer (not you) and be readable/easy to interpret. Everybody will know the tattoo is "for you" even if it reads outwardly this way - it's on your body after all!

Also, upside-down script on a wrist is such a common request that it has become a common eye-roller for many (most?) artists.

Thanks for explaining. Ill talk to my artist.

I have script inside both wrists; the first wrist is upside down ("facing me," if you will) and the second wrist is the correct way. If absolutely nothing else, the amount of people I've had ask me what it says instead of just being able to read it numbers into the hundreds at this point.

As was mentioned before, that's a very visible location, so be prepared to go from having no discussions with people about what very well much have a deep and personal meaning for you to having a veritable cavalcade of people who enjoy watching sensationalized TV shows ask you about "the story" behind your tattoo.

I'm not saying don't do it, just be aware that your interactions with the general public will now include those.

If you were getting it on your chest, would you get it facing you? It'd be pretty clearly upside down if you did that...

Another way to think abut it: if you had a ring with something in the middle, say a crown or something, would you wear it so the crown is facing up or down when your hands are at your side? Your body has a definite top (head) and bottom (feet) and tattoos look natural on the body when they're oriented accordingly.

It says in Galatians (not sure where) it says that Leviticus was the rules and word of man, not of God, so you're good.

Im a Stay At Home Mom so im not employed outside of that. I really like the script and no to Fudo.

I'm a SAHM too, but still...

TBBH the 'upside down wrist tattoo' is a thing, it'll date pretty quickly I'm afraid. That's the one and only argument I have against one doing what the fuck one likes to ones own body :)

- - - Updated - - -

here http://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=wrist%20text%20tattoo&rs=ac&len=15

I like the sentiment of the Be Still though, can relate to that. But, seriously, it's well worth looking into a visual representation (or maybe the text in another place) even if you do decide to go with your original idea in the end.

To me, a rose on the solar plexus (as a random example) can mean Be Still at least as much as text on wherever.