Thighs Thighs Thighs!!!

ok show us your thighs! im getting mine done soon so am getting a little too excited and want to see what you all have tattooed there.

im going for front of thigh. right a raccoon, left an owl ( yeah I know- and trust me,i am pissed that owls have become so popular.) both with other stuff added (I will add pics once its drawn up)

I am thinking of going with a traditional style but will see what they come up with.

ive been tossing between 2 ideas- the animals or nautical. so will just have to wait and see which way I go yet!!

share any details you'd like too- when you got it, how well you went, how long it took, who did it....

those are beautiful koi @ironchef

Thanks! I actually have three koi from Henning, the two on my thigh and one on my left arm. I'm a big fan of his koi and they bring back fond memories of when my late grandmother used to buy goldfish for my brother and I when we were kids. Now I know goldfish are more kingyo than koi, but they fit the same style for me.

@ironchef love Henning's koi fish!

@Cork i love seeing japanese inspired Stell pieces

since we are on the topic of thighs.... Anyone experience super sensitive twitchy/muscle spasmy areas while getting their thigh tattooed? Also what was everyone's thigh healing experience like? So far mine is a super easy heal. 4 days later and it is almost done flaking and peeling.

since we are on the topic of thighs.... Anyone experience super sensitive twitchy/muscle spasmy areas while getting their thigh tattooed? Also what was everyone's thigh healing experience like? So far mine is a super easy heal. 4 days later and it is almost done flaking and peeling.

When I had my thigh piece done, I had a contact dermatitis reaction outside of the fresh tattoo on the back side of my thigh. I have super sensitive skin and my guess is it was either the medical tape used to hold down the saran wrap or maybe even the Sharpies used to lay out some of the background design. A little bit of Benedryl cream on the spots and healthy does on Benedryl pills in my system cleared it right up. The pain on my thigh getting tattooed was pretty intense, especially from the outlining session. I found shading and coloring much more bearable. Like you, it healed really well and smooth with no issues.

Back of the thighs are definitely more painful than the front. And if you happen to have hairy legs, it gets itchy as hell when its growing back (shaved for the tattoo).

Now having my back done, I realize the thigh was a walk in the park in comparison, hahaha

I had some of those twitchy moments too. Hahaha not exactly sure why? My other side I didn't have anything like that happen...

As far as healing goes I did develop a decent size scab. I did fall out in about 2 weeks so no big deal. My recent session is healing a lot better! This time is used Tegaderm . For me Tegaderm heals your tattoo smoother and softer. The flaking and peeling isn't so dry and comes of in bigger pieces.

Aw, @Cork, I totally ogled your baku while waiting for mine. :)

Re: spasming, yes, I find the involuntary twitching tough with thigh tattoos. It helps to be in a position where you can "brace yourself" better. Re: healing, my thighs have randomly been TERRIBLE to heal. None of them have healed perfectly (I have six one shot tattoos on my thighs at this point, I think?). They have generally taken me at least a full week before the swelling goes down enough that I don't grunt from sitting down or standing up. Mostly the imperfections from my shitty heals are minor, but two of them, very sadly, healed super super badly, and it bums me out. I don't know why I have such a hard time with my thighs, as generally I think I heal things ok.

After all that complaining, I will say that I have found my thighs to be pretty painless, although I have yet to have the back of my thighs done. The only shitty parts for me so far have been at the edges - near the knee ditch and near the crotch, but even then it's such a small spot that you move on quickly. My usual thigh schpiel is that I LOVE getting tattooed on them, HATE healing them.

My first tattoo was a big thigh piece, and I just got my other thigh done this weekend. Experienced twitching both times. However, the first time was much more painful than this past one. The outline wasn't fun but the shading was a breeze.

Here they are, the first one isn't in a style I'm super into anymore, and I'm not too crazy about it anymore, it's not bad it just doesn't fit with what I'm going for anymore. Maybe one day I'll have it covered or reworked or something. I don't regret getting it, because it helped get me into tattoos, and really it's not a bad tattoo, just not what I would get now.

DSCF1188.jpg

DSCF1203.jpg

Here is my latest one, which I've already posted in 2 other threads in the past couple of days, but whatever, done by Phil Hatchet Yau:

1208171_617714818292764_1211005899_n.jpg

My thigh piece is a riot of bad ideas so I wont share :) still got another thigh waiting though ...

you know you have to show us now!!!

- - - Updated - - -

thanks everyone for sharing their pics! love them all!

I have decided to swap my ideas- will have my owl and raccoon on my feet instead and put my nautical ideas on my things ( was going to put my nautical ideas on my feet)

I want more detail in my nautical ones and the thighs will be the best spot for it.

anyone else have issues with indecisiveness when deciding on their thighs?? I have gone back and forth between the two so many times- but now im sold this time :)

I understand. I've put nothing but different types of flowers on my thighs and I'm sort of trying to figure out how to work in different pieces. I plan on working in a koi when I redo the little cherry blossom, but as far as deciding what else, I jump around. I know I want more petals on the right thigh. Those are ALL plans for the right thigh.

The left is a bit trickier. I have some delphinium on my left inner thigh. I've thought about working a mouse in a bit of raspberry plant with berries and flower on the outer part. I also enjoy writing, so I thought it might be fun to put an old tyme typewriter with an anchor weighing it down... Sort of a fun abstraction. Just some ideas.