Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

On 3/13/2021 at 11:34 AM, SStu said:

Yeah, I had to limit my sidepiece to 2-2.5 hours/session, and half of that was done out of the "management zone". 

I drive 2.5 hours one way to get worked on so we do 4 hour sessions but by the end I’m DONE. I can’t imagine doing more, especially when working on the same area for an entire session. 

I got two tattoos done at the same time in February. One is a rad dinosaur puzzle and the other is a moon lady. Done at Companion Tattoos by an amazing artist named Dylan Mott.

Pics here- 

https://www.reddit.com/r/tattoos/comments/luz8e2/tats_done_by_dylan_mott_at_companion_tattoos_in/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

• 3 weeks later...

Got my back outlined by Scott Sylvia last weekend. East meets west style mashup of a reaper and koi. As usual, he FLEW through it and crushed. Lined the whole back and butt cheeks in 3.5 hours. 

I go back for two more sessions in June, then we'll figure out the next steps after that. 

I'm not really posting full photos anywhere until it's done, but will circle back here if I decide to post any detail or close ups. I have sent to people on IG, so if we're friends and you're curious, hit me up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm two sessions in on a flora and fauna back piece by Virginia Elwood. The piece is covering up a somewhat ill-advised first tattoo that I got after surviving a very tough year at age 18, and I'm pushing 40 now, so it seemed like a good moment to move onwards and upwards.

I'm so in love with how it's coming out. Everyone is right about some of these spots being no joke though — 3-4 hours feels like PLENTY for one day. My next session is this week to add some more creatures in some of the spaces along the sides and hopefully start some shading. Should be "fun"!

session2_healingoutline.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally, my turkey vulture back piece is finished in just around 30 hours. Hammered out a 5 hour session yesterday to color in all the flowers/petals and some background shading. Stood up to take final photos and nearly passed out. The lower back is BRUTAL and apparently back dimples are incredibly nerve rich because those had me gasping. So glad to be done with this. I’m wondering though, if I found this to be such an incredibly painful process, can I handle having my legs done? I’ll do my other sleeve first and then probably start leg work. I feel both badass and weak! Either way I’m in love with it.

3EE9C584-2882-424E-A216-7E07FAD2B218.jpeg

Edited by Anxioussoup

On 9/8/2011 at 1:28 PM, Duffa said:

I wasn't going to post these until it was completed, but I thought "F*** it, why not" and now you guys can see how the cover up progresses 🆒

These are the best photos I could get after the first day in Kyoto (6hrs) I still have to get photos of the second day, which completed all the background on the upper arm. Everything is now nearly healed so I'll get some new ones soonish. Apologies for the dodgy photography but I'm pretty sure I was still vibrating haha

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f220/noclaimbonus/P8270544.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f220/noclaimbonus/P8270545.jpg

It turned out very cool!