Jump to content
gougetheeyes

Full Back Piece Experience Thread

Recommended Posts

@scottyg Thanks man! I've been really enjoying Horimomo's work recently!

But you also reminded me that I still haven't posted a healed photo. This one was taken about a month after finishing it, and some of the blue still needs a bit of settling time to get uniform.

Maybe not a readable as some other backpieces, but I love how dynamic the huge wave over my shoulder is and the lighting. It moves very well on my body. I'm very glad we decided to go to the knee with this one, Scott's reasoning being "you're so damn skinny it's like trying to paint a skateboard."

 

 

Edited by Matej Haviar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Matej Haviar Horimomo would be awesome!

Your piece is so damn killer. I had no problem deciphering it; it's totally readable, and such a great scene. So much motion and life. Damn. And those lightening bolts are out of this world.

Congrats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think it's time to show you a pic of my back too. Had my second session yesterday, overall around 5h under the needle so far and still many more ahead...

When it's done, it will be a full back dragon which goes down over my butt to my right thigh. The left thigh / butt cheek will include a koi swimming upwards. Planning to go for half or 3/4 sleeves and expand to the chest later too.

Tattoo is done by Thomas Schehr @ Koerperkunst-Tattoo, Karlsruhe, Germany.

 

Here is a pic he posted on his IG yesterday after the session:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, havetsherre said:

Had my second session a couple of days ago. I was in horrible shape going into this session, with stiches in my head, a concussion and generally fatigued. But "the stoke" pulled med through.  

19875987_1468898233156844_1163868611_o.jpg

Wow, sorry about the concussion!  Next time have your artist visit you in the hospital to complete your session.  You don't need that type of stress in your life!  It looks like it's coming along great though!

Edited by JazzyMac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had my 3rd session yesterday. Turns out 2,5h/session is what I can bear until I tap out. So overall 7,5h so far.

We did some linings on the lower back, over my butt down to the left thigh and some shading in the lower back area.

I'm stocked with the progress so far, wouldn't have expected so much ink on my back in that short time. Hell, but the pain was so intense, especially around the kidneys and tailbone. Holy crap, that hurt!

And I'm pretty aware that there is still a lot of work in those nasty areas. Scales, probably some shadings, colors...:51_scream:

Hopefully next session we'll just add details to the tail and maybe start the Koi on the right thight/butt cheek...  :100_pray:

 

P1030725_edit.thumb.JPG.8e116aa8242e67fa4f72b444f109448d.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2017 at 0:46 AM, havetsherre said:

Had my second session a couple of days ago. I was in horrible shape going into this session, with stiches in my head, a concussion and generally fatigued. But "the stoke" pulled med through.  

19875987_1468898233156844_1163868611_o.jpg

Jesus christ dude!!! be careful!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hayyy! Just had my first 7 hour session about 4 days ago on my back. Man, the butt cheek HURT! I could do the back all day though. I'd have to say the itching right now is definitely the hardest part of getting this large piece. Still have a few more long day ahead before this baby is complete.

 

val.jpg

Edited by Valrie11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@thewitchhunter haha thanks! Craig Gardyan from Grim Tattoo in Philadelphia is doing this piece. And yes, Ive been laser removing two other tattoos for a few years and doing a full back piece to cover them up. The session wasnt as rough as the itching is now!! Getting the tattoo was actually a breeze. I suspect the next session of shading will probably be a rough one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Valrie11 said:

@thewitchhunter haha thanks! Craig Gardyan from Grim Tattoo in Philadelphia is doing this piece. And yes, Ive been laser removing two other tattoos for a few years and doing a full back piece to cover them up. The session wasnt as rough as the itching is now!! Getting the tattoo was actually a breeze. I suspect the next session of shading will probably be a rough one. 

Wow, 7h mainly outlining on the back and it was a breeze? Hell, everything especially on the lower back was so f...in' intense. Tailbone, kidneys, pure agony! And for me butt cheek was kinda relaxing after getting lower back worked on. There's no more to say about individual pain perception...

And the itching... Well, the pain goes away as soon as the needle stops working. The itching stays for days!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thewitchhunter said:

Wow, 7h mainly outlining on the back and it was a breeze? Hell, everything especially on the lower back was so f...in' intense. Tailbone, kidneys, pure agony! And for me butt cheek was kinda relaxing after getting lower back worked on. There's no more to say about individual pain perception...

And the itching... Well, the pain goes away as soon as the needle stops working. The itching stays for days!

Spine, rib area, back of armpits: brutal. also tough were the muscles behind the shoulder blades: amazing how much tension you hold in those areas!

Ass was like, whateva, though the ass crease really stung.

Fun times....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.





×
×
  • Create New...