Thighs Thighs Thighs!!!

• 1 year later...

Have just come back to this thread and seen these extra posts! KEEP THEM COMING! Oh I love ogling thigh pieces.

Husband's work went into liquidation, lack of funds, daughter in and out of hospital, surgeries, needless to say fast forward 3 years and I still don't have my thighs done! But that is all about to change, (again shit just keeps happening, was meant to get one started over Christmas period, then Jan, then Feb and well now it is March and I tell you what It is bloody well going to happen this month!!)

I was tossing between nautical and my animals. I have FINALLY settled ( promise) on the animals.

So once again, I am handing out an excuse to show off your thighs :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
6 hours ago, lildropofsunshine said:

I'm getting a phoenix on my thigh. I don't have pictures of the sketch yet as my artist is still working on it. I know that phoenixes are super popular, but that doesn't bother me since mine will be like no one else's because it's being custom designed.

Isn't this the same thing you posted about in another thread where you said you wanted to go no bigger than 8 x 8? Good luck getting a phoenix in that size. Seriously, good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

My thigh pieces (more side of thigh for them both). large.gallery_63042_5_1461690280_19289.pngfirst one by Sam Smith when she was visiting the UK. I think about 5.5hrs one hit. Healed perfectly in 3 days despite being in a car crash where I rolled my car 3x and wrote it off on my way home from the shop. 

large.gallery_63042_3_1461690279_19283.png

Second one, my beautiful big red kitty from Stu Pagdin. One hit - 6hrs. I took the train. This one was more of a tricky heal, got some lovely scabs but I think he's got a heavier hand. I love to collect but I'd be covered in Stu's work if he lived in the UK. I just love it! 

1 hour ago, Mark Bee said:

I had this one done by Tammy Kim at the Okey Doke in Toronto -- Terrible news about the fire that closed their shop this week.

IMG_1167.JPG

Firstly, that's an awesome tattoo! I love how different artists are able to interpret something like a tiger in so many ways, but you still know it's a tiger and feel the power of the image.

Secondly, I hope that the folks at the shop are able to salvedge the majority of their equipment at the very least. It looked kind of grim in the photos I saw. I was only in there once when they had just moved, but was a nice space. Whishing them the best.

On 7/1/2016 at 1:30 AM, Guerillaneedles said:

My thigh pieces (more side of thigh for them both). 

Second one, my beautiful big red kitty from Stu Pagdin. One hit - 6hrs. I took the train. This one was more of a tricky heal, got some lovely scabs but I think he's got a heavier hand. I love to collect but I'd be covered in Stu's work if he lived in the UK. I just love it! 

Hnnnnnnngh I really love how loose and colorful the tiger and chrysanthemums are! And that tiger has a great face.

I don't think I ever posted mine in this thread. Done by Sam Warren in Lancaster, PA. Sam's a real nice guy and this turned out so awesome. I gave him the picture that inspired me and asked him to put the skeleton and horse in armor since he does neat armored stuff, and it turned out so much cooler than I ever expected. I've also got some thunder thighs so this thing is massive, hip to almost the side of my knee, and wraps around the front, side, and back of my thigh.

fan9g8.jpg
^ The front/side

kcm63q.jpg
^ The back
20511.jpg?0443
^ This picture was my inspiration, the cover of one of my favorite metal albums

I've gone back and forth on what to do on my other thigh, for a while I wanted to do something really opposite: colorful and cutesy (I have an idea for peach faced lovebirds). But now I'm kind of thinking I might want to do some realistic black and grey on that thigh. I kind of think the lovebird design I'm imagining might sit better on my calf.

And since I've already bombarded this thread with images, why not: here's peach faced lovebirds. Aren't they fucking adorable? I'm imagining them in a neo-trad/illustrative type style, super colorful.
2156318595_d92995d254.jpg

Edited by Synesthesia

@Synesthesia I just got to say that I find contrasting styles/subject matters in tattoos on the same person amazing. And it certainly doesn't get more contrasting than a horse skeleton in armor and lovebirds, love it! So interesting and cool, I hope I'll be able to pull off something similar in the future! 

On 7/1/2016 at 9:30 AM, Guerillaneedles said:

Wow, absolutely love that tiger, so beautiful!

I have kind of a red kitty on my thigh as well, in a way similar but then totally different (pic is quite swollen, haven't quite managed to take a healed pic yet, sorry). By Alix Ge, done at the London Convention in September this year.

large.11910133_911653905587211_1127119705_n.jpg