In need of a TATTOO RESCUE!

Casey Harris

Hey all,

Hope your Thanksgiving goes well and your travels are safe. I have a tattoo I had done by a buddy while we were deployed in Iraq. The concept looked much better than the finished product. That was in 2007. A coverup or facelift is well overdue. I know I can go anywhere I want locally but I'd like your guys' input and ideas. If anyone likes to draw/sketch, I'd like to see these ideas come to life on paper. Thanks much and look forward to hearing your ideas and concepts.

Yes, because us "artistically inclined" people really love to work for free. Go to a good shop. Show him/her your tattoo and discuss possibilities. This forum isn't really for satiating these kinds of questions.

I wasn't trying to insult those who make a living in the Ink biz. If I like the artwork I wouldn't have a problem compensating whomever I choose. It's free trade and was a suggestion I probably should have elaborated on. My apologies and no harm no foul.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm residing in San Luis Obispo County. North of Santa Barbara, South of Monterey.

no tattooer would be excited about fixing this. i would advise getting another tattoo from a good shop and if you can hit it off with the tattooer, he/she would be much more likely inclined to fix your old crappy tattoo. sometimes crappy tattoos are a great memory too. like that tattoo is a mark of being in iraq and of your buddy.

I wasn't trying to insult those who make a living in the Ink biz. If I like the artwork I wouldn't have a problem compensating whomever I choose. It's free trade and was a suggestion I probably should have elaborated on. My apologies and no harm no foul.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm residing in San Luis Obispo County. North of Santa Barbara, South of Monterey.

Please keep in mind that I am in no way trying to attack you, as I don't get any sort of malice or any other such tone from your post.

The problem with this is that you're asking people to work on spec, and then maybe you'll pay one of the people involved. This is all going on your word, of which, keep in mind, no one here has any examples of the integrity.

For future reference, it rarely comes across as anything other than rude and condescending to suggest that an artist of any sort work on spec. It suggests that what they do is simple enough and that so little work goes into it that they shouldn't mind whipping something up on the off-chance that the prospective client likes it.

I, for one, won't begin a piece of art for a prospective new client without a significant deposit.

The problem with this is that you're asking people to work on spec, and then maybe you'll pay one of the people involved. This is all going on your word, of which, keep in mind, no one here has any examples of the integrity.

Try that with any other professional. Like an architect - design my house. If I like the design I'll pay you.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Are you a beginner artist looking for the best tattoo guns for beginners? You’ve come to the right place. With so many choices on the market, it can be overwhelming to decide which one is right for you. But don’t worry! In this blog post, we’ll show you our top picks of quality and reliable machines that are great starter options. Whether you’re looking for a budget-friendly machine or something more robust with adjustable features, we have just what you need to kickstart your career as an accomplished body art professional in no time. 1. Dragonhawk Mast Pen Rotary Tattoo Machine Dragonhawk Mast Pen: Versatile rotary tattoo machine for lining, shading, and coloring. Adjustable stroke length for customized tattooing. Pen-like design offers comfortable grip and reduces hand fatigue. Operates quietly with minimal vibration for a pleasant experience. Compatible with various cartridge needles, providing freedom of choice. Competitive price point suitable for professionals and beginners alike. Product link: https://www.amazon.com/Dragonhawk-Rotary-Machine-Cartridges-1013-10/dp/B0779MHJSL 2. Solong Tattoo Pen Kit Rotary Tattoo Gun Machine Solong Tattoo Pen Kit: Complete package for tattooing, including rotary gun, wireless power supply, cartridge needles, ink, practice skin, and accessories. Wireless power supply adds convenience, allowing freedom of movement during tattoo sessions. Adjustable speed and voltage settings for fine-tuning tattooing experience. Compatible with various cartridge needles, providing flexibility and choice for artists. Quiet rotary motor ensures a comfortable and focused tattooing environment for both artist and client. Product link: https://www.amazon.com/Solong-Tattoo-Wireless-Cartridge-EM128KITPRD50-1/dp/B07PJNMGCL 3. Dragonhawk Mast Wireless Rotary Tattoo Pen Machine Kit Cordless Convenience: Enjoy freedom of movement with no cords to tangle. Comfortable Handling: Ergonomic design reduces strain during prolonged use. Adjustable Settings: Fine-tune needle depth and speed for precision. All-in-One Package: Includes cartridge needles, charging base, and travel case. Quiet Operation: Ensures a serene atmosphere for focused tattooing. Product link: https://www.amazon.com/Dragonhawk-Wireless-Cordless-Lightweight-Cartridges/dp/B098KWNPXM 4. Dragonhawk Complete Tattoo Kit: Coil Tattoo Gun Kit Dragonhawk Complete Tattoo Kit: Coil Tattoo Gun Kit Affordable option for beginners Comprehensive set includes coil tattoo gun, ink colors, practice skins, and needles Offers traditional tattooing experience Allows experimentation with different styles and colors Helps beginners refine tattooing skills before working on clients Cost-effective solution for starting tattooing journey Product link: https://www.amazon.com/Dragonhawk-Complete-Tattoo-Machine-Supply/dp/B00JFQXDDQ 5. HAWINK HAWINK Tattoo Kit: Rotary Tattoo Machine Pen Kit Features wireless power supply for mobility and flexibility Comprehensive package includes rotary tattoo machine pen and various accessories Adjustable speed settings and needle depth for customization Quiet rotary motor enhances comfort during tattoo sessions Ergonomic design ensures comfortable handling and ease of use Product link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087R5NCZ4/ 6. HAWINK Short Tattoo Pen Rotary Machine – Great For Beginners And Higher HAWINK Short Tattoo Pen Rotary Machine: Ideal for beginners and intermediate artists User-friendly design ensures comfortable handling during long sessions Compatible with various cartridge needle brands for versatility Smooth rotary mechanism delivers precise lines and shading with minimal vibration Adjustable needle depth for adapting to different skin types and techniques Constructed from aircraft-grade aluminum for durability and longevity Product link: https://www.amazon.com/Hawink-Machine-FAULHABER-Aircraft-Aluminum/dp/B07P7PRJKM 7. Dragonhawk Extreme – Best Starter Rotary Tattoo Machine Budget-Friendly Starter Kit: Ideal for beginners aiming to start tattooing Lightweight Design: Weighing under 5 ounces, easy to handle and maneuver Consistent Performance: Robust machine delivers stable performance for basic tasks Quiet Operation: Operates quietly for a comfortable tattooing environment Adjustable Stroke Lengths: Offers versatility for exploring different tattooing styles Affordable Option: Suitable for beginners seeking a reliable rotary tattoo machine at a budget-friendly price Product link: https://www.amazon.com/Dragonhawk-Extreme-Rotary-Machine-Artists/dp/B01NA9R5PO 8. Dragonhawk Atom Rotary Pen Tattoo Machine Lightweight and Ergonomic Design: Comfortable to grip and minimizes hand fatigue Adjustable Needle Depth: Allows customization of tattooing experience Quiet Operation and Minimal Vibration: Creates a comfortable environment for both artist and client Compatibility with Various Cartridge Needles: Offers flexibility in needle selection Affordable Option with High-Quality Performance: Provides good value for its price, comparable to more expensive machines Product link: https://www.amazon.com/Dragonhawk-Rotary-Tattoo-Machine-Artists/dp/B071P91Z8H 9. Wormhole Rotary Tattoo Machine Affordable option for beginners interested in rotary tattooing Lightweight and easy-to-handle design minimizes hand fatigue Simple assembly ideal for beginners, allowing focus on tattooing Suitable for fine lines and smooth shading Compatible with various cartridge needles for flexibility Budget-friendly, enabling beginners to experience rotary machine performance without major expense Product link: https://www.amazon.com/Wormhole-Tattoo-Machine-Beginners-Cartridge/dp/B07M95QXVD
    • Hello, So I'm new here and reddit is just awful people so, I wanted advice. So for some reason, I allowed a tattoo be blasted down my arm. My fault I know. I'm very fit and complimented all the time how tone my arms are. So, I got a sun over a lotus tattoo. My artist is extremely talented, there is not 1 shaky line, crooked line, and hes not cheap. Hes been tattooing me and my husband a long time. The line work is out of this workd, perfectly straight. Its a bold tattoo. All black. Everyone loves it. But for some bizzare reason, I can not look at myself in the mirror at this tattoo. Has this ever happened to anyone before? It's healed, but all I do is cover it and hide it. Has this happened to anyone? It turned out bigger and bolder than I ever imagined. From my shoulder to about 3 inches above my elbow.   
    • Good luck. Job hunting sucks. I got laid off from a company after 20 years and it took six months to find a job. I was in the dreaded “middle” management role at an IT company. A little over two years later my new company was  bought out and they did a “restructuring” which means the people doing the work get fired so the people sitting on their fat asses get fatter.  I couldn’t find what I really wanted so I just retired. Might be a good time to think about switching fields.
  • Last Sparrow Tattoo Sponsors

• Topics

• Blog Entries