SStu

Snakes snakes snakes

141 posts in this topic

Good idea for a thread. I'm getting a snake for my front piece (kicking off in nov). Maybe a kuniyoshi style warrior fighting a giant snake.

Do people like scales or no scales? For me, I prefer the look of clearly delineated scales... Like that cobra. Looks awesome.

Good idea for a thread. I'm getting a snake for my front piece (kicking off in nov). Maybe a kuniyoshi style warrior fighting a giant snake.

Do people like scales or no scales? For me, I prefer the look of clearly delineated scales... Like that cobra. Looks awesome.

Looking forward to your progress, and regarding scales or not - I like them both! Variety keeps it interesting.

Kev and hogg like this

Snakes! Love 'em so much. Maybe too much. I have three, and I'm really trying to stop. One on my back by Jill Bonny, one on my elbow by Scott Sylvia and the aforementioned weirdo battle royale by Jeff Rassier:

3304677078_e25a4651eb_b_thumb.jpg img_2088_thumb.jpg picture_017_thumb.jpg

i did this a few months ago

Now that is a killer snake!

As far as scales vs no-scales, I love em both. In my opinion it gives a very different look to the whole tattoo. I got a scale-less snake and its awesome, when I go for a bigger piece I want to get a scaled cobra somewhere (ribs maybe?)

gougetheeyes and G.Uristti like this

@SStu I've looked at the picture of that cobra tattoo so many times, and last weekend I was lucky enough to see it in person :D
gougetheeyes likes this

@SStu I've looked at the picture of that cobra tattoo so many times, and last weekend I was lucky enough to see it in person :D

London convention?

Was the guy getting more work done, or just showing off? :)

London convention?

Was the guy getting more work done, or just showing off? :)

It's on Todd Noble. He saw my Grime tattoo and said "that's sweet, but mine's better" and pulled off his shirt.

Jack, CultExciter, ian and 10 others like this

This is a creepy one from the Grime on my leg, snake lady with double titays and gimpy arms...sweeet!!

that is total gnar gnar

Chris Garver does killer snakes. I met Frank Romano at the Seattle Convention about three years ago, and he has an awesome cobra that Chris did on his stomach. And the one he did on Tim Hendricks is bad as shit as well.

gougetheeyes and slayer9019 like this

William Yoneyama knows how to lay down a snake or two.

That big torso cobra is about the best damn snake I've ever seen. Why do I feel like the client brought Noble's Grime cobra to William and said, "Top this"?

- - - Updated - - -

I like this thread a lot and will see if I can get a picture of my Scott Sylvia one....

TRY HARDER.

Lochlan, ian, Iwar and 2 others like this

@hogg problem being is my arms are damn hairy and the picture isn't looking good. I'll try harder though
hogg likes this

You can totally see how O'Donnell has infuenced some of this work. I love it. Seth is on my list for whenever I finish my leg.

- - - Updated - - -

@hogg problem being is my arms are damn hairy and the picture isn't looking good. I'll try harder though

SHAVE EM!

gougetheeyes likes this