Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

If you guys could pick a great artist that's booked a few months back in any part of California who would it be? I'm graduating in August and going to do a trip there and my girlfriend offered to get me something for my graduation. Is it hard to get in with Grime?

If you guys could pick a great artist that's booked a few months back in any part of California who would it be? I'm graduating in August and going to do a trip there and my girlfriend offered to get me something for my graduation. Is it hard to get in with Grime?

If I were getting tattooed in California in August I would try and get in with Jeff Rassier.

If you call Skull & Sword and tell them when you are coming....the worst they can do is say Grime is booked up! I have heard of people walking in though and getting tattooed there....probably all the planets aligned or something BUT if I were you I would call and ask! You may be asked for a deposit though but it will definitely be worth the money!

And if he can't....there are a ton of great tattooers in the area!

Good Luck!

Without a doubt I would go sit with Jess Yen Horiyen:

dragon_oni.jpg

Contact him now: https://www.facebook.com/GrimesBlackClaw

Personally, I think Lango gets slept on at that shop, so check him out, or any of the other awesome shops in the Bay Area (Blackheart, Temple,etc.)

Besides, San Francisco is definitely one of the nicest/coolest/interesting places in California and worth the trip on it's own.

You can always try and find the one remaining skate deck he's looking to collect. There were two but I believe someone just got him the other one ;) :D ;)

it's a 30 year old board and maybe 2-3 exist. You'll pay around $3k for it... still want to know?

your best bet is to call the shop and make a generous offer as to what you're willing to pay... for what it's worth his rate is $250 an hour for those that have waited his million year wait list.

This isn't speculation, it's information that he's posted on his facebook page linked above....

I emailed Grime to see if there was any way to fit me in for a small appointment, I'm not looking for any major work done. The reason I wanted to with him is his work is just so crazy and insane looking, but I'm afraid it won't fit with my other tattoos which are all traditional. BTW is his pair of books worth the $200? I wanted to start buying some good tattoo reads.