November 2014 Tattoo of the Month Contest

Iwar

I Did this one on a Coworker at a convention this year, its on her thigh. took about 6 hours i think? anyways, Enjoy! i may repost if i can find the healed pic she sent me it healed immaculately. Open to input but try not to be an a-hole haha

so yea, done by me (Marcus Hardy) at Planet Ink Tattoos in Hiram GA

• 2 weeks later...
I hate posting the same pic over and over again, but i want a LST shirt! Done by Shige. Pics do this piece no justice.

IMG_49242637867857_zpsi9xhge2b.jpeg

I keep coming back to this one. It's such a rad way of filling an awkward spot and I feel like I've never really seen anything before like it. I'm going to keep this tattoo in mind for a long time especially as I get more and more awkward gaps.

I keep coming back to this one. It's such a rad way of filling an awkward spot and I feel like I've never really seen anything before like it. I'm going to keep this tattoo in mind for a long time especially as I get more and more awkward gaps.

Thank you very much for the kind words! Means a lot! And yeah I still can't believe this is on me. I am humbled and beyond grateful.

I think what helped this piece develop was that I never really had a consult with him. Usually he wants a consult to get to really know the customer. But by him having to come up with something "on the fly" it kinda forced him to think outside the box.

And I don't want to toot my own horn, but i like to think this piece kinda helped Shige "loosen up" with his designs, heh.

Front of my El Monga leg. Done at Tattoo City in March. Pic is from today (healed).

Entered the back of it a few months ago, figured the front needs to toss its hat in the ring.

I love this piece! solid, bold, and dynamic from across the room. do you remember which month you entered the back of it? I have the urge to track it down!

I love this piece! solid, bold, and dynamic from across the room. do you remember which month you entered the back of it? I have the urge to track it down!

Thanks! I love it too....

Just checked and I entered the back of the leg in Nov 2013. Since we did the front we also filled in the heel gap with a cool Monga-spider which won't be in the Nov pic.

Really? A beautiful back and grey sleeve won this summer, and several of the most active posters here get mostly or exclusively black and grey tattoos, though not necessarily in the style of the Jun Cha sleeve above. There's a slant towards color traditional, but to say that the forum has "little appreciation for B&G" doesn't seem right - there are definitely folks on here who are knowledgeable about Chicano tattooing, among other styles. There is a huge repository of info. on different traditions here if you dig around! Not trying to pick a fight, just scratching my head a bit.