Join Last Sparrow Tattoo Forum Today
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Itchy tattoo?

Images

Itchy tattoo?

Let me start off with this...pain is much easier to deal with than an itch you cannot scratch!

My new tattoo (just an outline so far) is INSANELY itchy! Other than lightly slapping it or putting more Aquophor on it what can you do to stop this insane itch!! I have a feeling it might be more then hairs growing back in than the tattoo itself since it is only an outline. Please help!

Contributor Site Supporter Stewart Robson's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Images

Re: Itchy tattoo?

Ignore it. Extra cream/lotion/whatever won't help the end result. It sucks but you just gotta ignore it and deal with it.

Blog Entries

all tattoos itch. it's a sign that it's healing up right (as with any other wound). just put aquophor or lotion on it, and try to chew gum or do something else to take your mind off the itchiness. sometimes an icy compress works for me as well since it provides a different sensation to that area, but i wouldn't recommend putting ice directly on your tattoo. i usually take a ziploc bag of ice, wrap it in a towel, and then i'm good for a little while (especially in summer).

Blog Entries

Just sit and talk shit all day. I've never had an itchy tattoo, so I'm going to put it down to that being why, as it's basically all I do.
    Likes dari, exume, Zillah liked this.

Champion Site Supporter
    Images

This tattooer has good aftercare instructions.
    fancypantstattoo.com

Images

Quote Originally Posted by MsRad View Post
    all tattoos itch. it's a sign that it's healing up right (as with any other wound). just put aquophor or lotion on it, and try to chew gum or do something else to take your mind off the itchiness. sometimes an icy compress works for me as well since it provides a different sensation to that area, but i wouldn't recommend putting ice directly on your tattoo. i usually take a ziploc bag of ice, wrap it in a towel, and then i'm good for a little while (especially in summer).
    Wow ice worked wonders! Thanks a lot for the tip!
    Likes dari liked this.

Images

Since my tattoo artist is currently on vacation I will ask everyone here.

My tattoo is still very itchy sometimes. It just hit the 2 week mark and am not sure if it is even healed yet. (I read the other thread about leg tattoos possibly taking longer.) Is it normal for the tattoo to stay very itchy after two weeks? I was just wondering if there is a possibility that I am allergic (however rare) to the ink, since this is my first tattoo, although I could just be bitching without cause.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by slayer9019 View Post
    Since my tattoo artist is currently on vacation I will ask everyone here.

My tattoo is still very itchy sometimes. It just hit the 2 week mark and am not sure if it is even healed yet. (I read the other thread about leg tattoos possibly taking longer.) Is it normal for the tattoo to stay very itchy after two weeks? I was just wondering if there is a possibility that I am allergic (however rare) to the ink, since this is my first tattoo, although I could just be bitching without cause.
    i've had tattoos take 6 weeks to heal. it all depends on your skin, diet, health, etc. this doesn't sound out of place.

I've never had a real problem with itching until I got my chest done. The hair growing back is insane! I toughed it out until it healed and now can scratch gently, sweet relief!

Images
    I do have to say it is back to insane itchy levels again but it is definitely hair related. Hairy leg + shave = insane itchiness!!!!!!
    "The ass tattoo: a deep and searing pain that lasts for days, a memory that lasts a lifetime." - Hogg
    If your new here, READ THIS!
    Is your tattoo infected and aftercare FAQ
    If you have questions please PM a moderator.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast