Join Last Sparrow Tattoo Forum Today
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Most Difficult Tattoo Spots to Heal

Blog Entries
    Images

Re: Most Difficult Tattoo Spots to Heal

Currently a little worried about my tiny Ben Grillo tat on my finger that's cracking and bleeding.

Regular
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lochlan View Post
    The "Multiple Sessions" thread got me thinking about tattoos and healing plus my own trying to heal my elbow ditch right now. For those who don't know the elbow "ditch" is the inside of your arm where it bends so the tattoo/skin is always rubbing with almost every movement all day even as you sleep as well as I type right now. I wake up to the sheets and pillows having blood spots, god knows how many sheets I've ruined over the years from getting tattooed. I can only imagine back tattoos multiply this sheet process. A constant waking up in the morning pealing the sheets away. Anywho, I'll enjoy that when the time comes...

So what are the most difficult spots you've had to deal with in the healing process of getting tattooed. Also for tattooers, what are the spots you notice heal the worst due to their potentially difficult healing process due to location? Do you take the healing process in mind when you lay a stencil on too so the less intricate parts are in these locations? Lastly from me for now, anyone got any tricks they use when healing potentially difficult spots while they sleep or elsewhere? I've been trying to sleep with my arm straight which keeps me waking very often so don't think it's much of a trick, ha.
    I am currently having my back worked on and will unwrap it a few hours after and, wash and apply Aquaphor then rewrap it before bed. I keep my back stock supplies at home so I always have the dri locs from Lucky's supply on hand. But for any one who doesn't and would want to try this method maybe offer to buy a few from the artist if he or she is using them. They always work for me.

Images

Generally I heal well , though leg tattoos take longer... My latest tattoo on my upper arm was my first black and grey piece and it healed terribly for some reason , like my body was rejecting it or something. It only started to heal when I took some mineral supplements (mostly Iron/Zinc) I am a vegetarian who eats very little in the way of dairy (no eggs and no milk)

I think I must have been run down or something, depressing and embarassing , because i need to go get a touch up done , hate going back to the artist looking like I didnt take care of it at all when nothing is farther from the truth !!

Images

The hips!
    How do you not walk around rubbing your new tattoo off with the waistband of undies/boxers/pants/shorts? I took to tucking my tshirts into my undies which looked ridiculous (at that stage of dressing) but it stopped the waistband of said undies from chaffing on the fresh tattoo. If I could wear a summer dress or kaftan w no undies it would have been perfect.

Images

Elbow ditch by far for me. To the point I think I might avoid the ditch on my other arm altogether.

LOL, just kiddin.
    Chris3000 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Images

just had one put right below my throat in my clavicle today, thought it would be bad, seriously didn't feel a thing.

Images

our general aftercare system is to rub bepanthen right into the tattooed area and to keep wrapped for three days (changing 3 or 4 times a day) this seems to help bypass the scabbing phase by reducing the body fluid / air reaction needed for the scab.after three days of this generaly there is not much body fluid loss.however extensivly tattooed people seem to start to react to the cling film after a day or so.all this said the ditch of the arm is still awkward,i tend to try and get customers to keep it greasy with ointment not smothered.

Blog Entries

After finishing my stomach I noticed that right at the pants line/belt line is taking forever to heal. Since I sit in a rig for 8-10 hours a day, its always rubbing on my belt/pants. Ive been using trauma pads to try and dull the friction this last week... kinda works.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBlazeAlot View Post
    peacethefuckkouttthomosss

Ex-Lurker Site Supporter
    Images

behind the knee and the back of calfs, when you get entire calf done at once.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by dcostello View Post
    After finishing my stomach I noticed that right at the pants line/belt line is taking forever to heal. Since I sit in a rig for 8-10 hours a day, its always rubbing on my belt/pants. Ive been using trauma pads to try and dull the friction this last week... kinda works.
    AHHH thanks for using the proper terms for these. One of the guys who tattooed me used these things when he Saran-wrapped me up and I could never figured out what they were called. Thanks!
    dcostello likes this.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast