Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

Here is a Fudo/Dragon sleeve I started on April first with Scott Sylvia. Still need to line the scales on the dragon and line the inside of the arm. This took roughly two and a half hours. I go back in early June. Biggest project I've started so far (my right arm I pieced together). 

20170409_142453.jpg

20170409_142457.jpg

20170409_143144.jpg

Got this at the space city tattoo expo over the weekend. My artist is Cory Cartwright. I'm in love with it and can't wait for it to heal. I'm healing this one with tegaderm. I'm having a little trouble with it though. I put it on yesterday, it was juicy underneath it when I went to sleep. This evening though, it's all dried up underneath. I can't remember if it is supposed to dry up this soon or not. I've only used it once before on another tattoo. Anyone know if that's normal? I don't see any holes in it. I posted in the aftercare section too, maybe I'll get some answers. Anyway, thanks for looking!

IMG_03591.jpg

Got some work done a couple weeks ago. Finished up this sailor moon piece since I ended up getting sick right as we were finishing up! Had to do some color packing and the white highlights in a second session. Then she filled that elephant outline with the flowers! I've had the outline for a good 3 or 4 years (when I was a stupid tattood girl) and never knew what to do with it. She had some cute flower drawings and decided to slam those in there!

Also got this shin piece done by Jordyn at Classic Tattoo in Red Deer, Alberta, Canada back in January! 7f3f71111a3c97416f1b77416951419d.jpg79ae1a17b99894e9b85ef301b8807669.jpg6e72ea0a2c8dc88d7779be317d6b3390.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, suburbanxcore said:

I am actually on spring break and if I didn't have my daughter's pre-school Easter egg hunt in the afternoon, I'd actually love to pop up. I haven't been up there since October!

What're you getting from Grez?

Bummer...It would have been a good hang but who can resist an Easter Egg hunt?

The plan is what I'm calling "Hare in Kimono Flying a Dragon Kite" on my left upper arm. All loosely based on some research that I did on the Japanese folklore tale of the Rabbit in the Moon. We'll see what he comes up with! I'm concerned that there's not enough room for the kite but we have other options if needed. :)

On 3/24/2017 at 0:02 PM, SStu said:

I've been thinking both at once, but actually taking a week's vacation immediately afterwards. I'm not sure if even that will be enough . . . 

I got tattooed three times in California while on vacation.  Still had a blast on vacation.  

If you can hack it, why not?

52 minutes ago, TheFnTexan said:

So, I got to spend a few hours yesterday with Jack freakin Rudy at Shanghai Kate's shop. Such a wonderful experience. Jack's a very cool guy and we talked throughout most of the tattoo.  At the end we all agreed that it looks like an old-school Jack Rudy tattoo.  

IMG_6410.JPG

soooooo sick.  love it!!!!

New to the site. Here is my latest. It took 6 hours and 45 minutes but got it all done in one. I think the artist did a great job and initially I was very positive about the piece. I really like some of the shaded area in the middle but am trying to warm up to the wings as they contrast a lot with my arm tattoos. I may even go back eventually to have less blank space between the feathers on the wings.  

51270735520__AB2BDE85-72A1-4442-A5B8-AA4EC1676103.JPG

1 hour ago, Gingerninja said:

I have a new little friend! Snake and cherry blossoms by Chris Garver. My homage to spring. She fits the space so perfectly. He drew it on, made the stencil and we were tattooing in less than 40 minutes. Boom. (I'm swollen AF but whatever).

very nice !

you're lucky to get in with chris ! how long did you wait ?

Edited by Dan

Hey @dan...

He did another piece for me a few years ago but I don't think that it had anything do to with getting in. I booked in with him last December when I dropped by for a consult. He offered to get me in earlier but I knew that I was already going to be in the city in April. Email chrisgarvertattoos@gmail.com. Jess, his assistant, is good at responding. He basically books three months in advance when he opens his books. He normally only books for three hour sessions, so know that going in.

He's truly amazing. He understands form, design, placement...everything. And he has a light touch. And he's fast. And he's super chill with a great sense of humor.