January 2014 Tattoo of the Month Contest

Iwar

Happy new year everyone!

Ready for another month of friendly tattoo rivalry?

Here are the rules:

The tattoo picture that gets posted in this thread for January 2014 with the most 'likes' for the month wins! The contest starts on the first of the month and ends on the last day of the month.

• Your tattoo picture must be posted in this thread (both tattooers and tattoo customers can win) in order to qualify.
  • Include with your photo/post...tattoo artist name & tattoo shop.
  • You MUST be the one who has the tattoo or did the tattoo.
  • You can 'like' as many tattoos as you want.
  • It can be a finished or in progress tattoo.
  • You cannot enter the same tattoo in more than one contest.

well lets hope this works. If a picture shows up it's my latest by Jan Willem at 25 to life tattoo in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. this picture is taken after i took off the wrapping 12 hours after it was done. Now a week later its still a bit scabby and gnarly so this will have to do.

1543152_617081418340274_909260269_n.jpg?oh=63e387d71332e8d9649a6e7da765a667&oe=52C8F872

When i posted this picture in the latest tattoo lowdown last week it showed up as broken a few days later so i hope this one remains till the end of the month

These are AMAZING! Bet it was an AWESOME experience.

Thank you! @ironchef, you would be absolutely correct. Laying down in his space was a great experience to be had. He's a very nice guy too. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned previously but both Horitomo and Yokohama Horiken have rooms to work in while everyone else at the shop works in an open plan. The rooms are raised platforms and you remove your footwear before entering. You lay out your towel on the floor and he sits to tattoo. Very traditional. Being able to lie there and see him work, see his drawings for ongoing or upcoming tattoos/paintings, seeing his reference materials, and the little sculptures of Fudo Myo-o was a great time and while laying there being poked on the feet may not sound fun, I'm pretty sure I was wearing a goofy smile the whole time.

BTW, if anyone was wondering, to me, shading by tebori didn't feel as painful as by machine.