bulldog

We found LST and now get good tattoos but what before? We must of got some bad tattoos on the way....

Here we can post our bad tattoos and the story behind them

I'll start with one of mine, done when I was 16 some 22 years ago, even when new people asked what it was, it's a bat moon and 3 stars by the way...!

image_569874_thumb.jpg

As soon as I can figure out how to get a picture of my bad tattoos I'll post 'em up.

I still love them... wouldn't want them covered... they've been with me for over 20 years now. I wouldn't feel like myself without them. (But I HATE trying to explain what they are!)

Eventually, after pants, if I work my way up that high I plan to get good tattoos all around them and then no one will bother to look that closely anymore.

Ok I'll play. The photo quality is terrible but I suppose it doesn't matter much for this thread. I don't hate any of these...but I would have done some things differently knowing what I know today...

The black & red fish are from the early 90s, I think it has held up pretty well but it is so small! That was my first tattoo, it was a great experience, and I have no regrets. It's also on my stomach and never sees the light of day.

The black cat was my 2nd tattoo and I still love the design, but again, it's a little small. Whatever, I still love it. I got it when I thought I might be stopping at 2. Ha.

The black lotus centered under my neck is a little troublesome. It's kind of a waste of space. Maybe I can get more stuff around it eventually to make it better. I don't know. I did go on to get some way cooler lotuses on my left arm.

The little owl on my forearm--I still think it's cute but the feet look a little blow-outy. The real problem with this one for me is now I want a much bigger raven up above it near my roses and then I think it's going to look dumb to have this tiny owl near a big raven. Not sure what to do about that. I've been trying to think up ways to incorporate the owl but nothing makes sense. Cover it with a panther? Haha, I knew you were going to say that.

Then there's the nautical star with my daughter's name above it. I wish the script were clearer, should have gone to BJ Betts! I am now getting stuff all around it. I believe the white in the star is going to be either blacked out entirely or some stippling will go in. Not sure how it will look in the end but it's a little in the way.

My first tattoo, done in the late 90's.

The original design was for my dad's one-man guitar repair business called "the guitar doctor". It was based off of the ambulance symbol, only with a guitar neck and two snakes instead of one. Judging from the borderline he put there, I don't think Grime liked it very much, haha. It's not going anywhere though.

7A777057-2DCD-4265-AD79-E82A191EDC0D-310-0000002D1F42227D.jpg

I have a black tribal armband that I just ignored and tattooed around... On the upside it seems like ironic tribal is already almost back in style... Although I also saw a well observed comment from someone elsewhere querying whether it ever really went away ... Lots of people still love that spiky (west coast style?) black tribal and kept getting it here.

I've seen some awesome blast-overs lately, where a heavy black panther or wolf is just piled on on top of an older tattoo that is faded. I could see myself doing that in 20-30 years, possibly.

Then there's the nautical star with my daughter's name above it. I wish the script were clearer, should have gone to BJ Betts! I am now getting stuff all around it. I believe the white in the star is going to be either blacked out entirely or some stippling will go in. Not sure how it will look in the end but it's a little in the way.

Immediately thought of that scene from Seinfeld when I read the name!

I've got a bad one on my back, but I plan on getting it covered/possibly lasered before I start my back!

@Eilin ill call you with my spliff/joint with a face complete with bloodshot stoned eyes, best pic I can find is this after its 2nd laser. Has since been covered and my mates are gutted as they had 22years of taking the piss out of this one.

image_578664_thumb.jpg

My bat and moon is looking considerably better now its had the crap knocked out of it by laser for the 6th time......me hoping ill have no more bad tattoos by year end...:)

image_392945_thumb.jpg