rozone

"My tattoo artist..."

Why does it bother you? I find it kind of endearing, as it usually means that said client gets tattooed by the same person consistently. We don't own our friends or our coworkers or our dentist, but we still say "my friend, my coworker, my dentist."

I don't see much of a difference?

"Yeah, I am just going to meet up with a tattoo artist who I have known for awhile, who has tattooed me before and will probably tattoo me again to talk about ideas for the tattoos he will do for me in the future".

"I'm meeting up with my tattoo artist to discuss ideas".

Wouldn't it be me more accurate to refer to yourself as "their skin canvas" since (in this case) you only go to 1 artist, but they clearly tattoo more than 1 person? So, honestly, they have ownership over you.

I think you're being a bit precious. I talk about my doctor, my dentist, my physiotherapist, my gym... I don't feel like I own any of them either.

Ditto. Well, except for my gym. Totally getting territorial there!

When I got my first tattoo 22 years ago it was because I thought I was tough and didn't give a fuck. Still today 22years later i like to think that getting a tattoo is still partly rebelling. So I will call my artist my artist, a machine a gun and a tattoo a tat if I sure choose so.

Bring back the days of bikers, sailors and rebels getting tattooed as there seems to be to many softies with to many rules with regards to getting tattooed today.

On the topic of semantics

Is it "tattoo artiste" or "tattooer" or "tattooist" or "my buddy who does tatts"?

I almost exclusively use the word tattooer. I don't think their is a right or wrong answer, and I suppose some of it probably has to do with where you are in the world.

Bring back the days of bikers, sailors and rebels getting tattooed as there seems to be to many softies with to many rules with regards to getting tattooed today.

I'm sorry but I think you had peanut products near you when you posted that. I'm having an allergic reaction.

Please people, be more considerate.... :)

I'm sorry but I think you had peanut products near you when you posted that. I'm having an allergic reaction.

Please people, be more considerate.... :)

No peanuts near me, maybe half bottle of wine I was enjoying on a bank holiday after getting tattooed today.

Does it really matter the terminology used, just go get a tattoo without a rule book in your back pocket.

Pointless thread.