Latest tattoo lowdown.....

Lochlan

These are both a year or more old at this point, but I never actually put them in this thread.

The death's head moth was done by Oliver Peck when he guested at Kadillac Tattoo Mt. Airy (Philadelphia) last summer. Not the best picture, but he ended up slipping a lot of hot pink in there that wasn't at all what I'd expect from him. In the end, I loved it and was happy with how it came out. Getting tattooed by Oliver is as great as you'd expect. I had just gotten my shin done by Scott the week before and mentioned in our emails; Oliver came barging in yelling, "Lemme see that Scott tat!" right off the bat. After we were done, he actually took his shirt off and showed me a ton of his tattoos from Scott, Trevino, Rassier, Stell, etc. So fucking awesome.

The torch moth was done by Keith Reed at X-Treme in West Chester, PA shortly after they moved to their new location. This was a "thank you" tattoo for helping them move. Keith is the best. Just an every day, no-bullshit, hard-working tattooer. Without him, I wouldn't know shit about tattoos.

Not the best pic in the world, but @Dan and I were chatting back and forth and I realized I should probably upload em. Once that Grez knee you can see half done gets finished, I'll hit up the squidpants thread.

6045012B-EB29-47FE-8185-7841F852BF16.jpg

Hell all. I looked around for appropriate place to ask this question. so here it is. I have been designing tattoos for long time, drawing has been my passion since i was very young. I have designed many for people. Only i have not been confident to actually stick someone repentantly and put my work on someone body. Even though  engoying my art on others is amazing and gratifying  .. i am serious on taking my talents to the next level. I feel who better to ask but more experienced tattoo enthuses about buying the kit/ guns. Could anyone be kind enough to lead me to a decent company /kit to start with. Thanks for anyone who helps me with some  solid advice to get me started on practice and getting a solid feel , until i am ready to mark someone permanently .

Thanks you for any advice.

Edited by Anne

27 minutes ago, Anne said:

Hell all. I looked around for appropriate place to ask this question. so here it is. I have been designing tattoos for long time, drawing has been my passion since i was very young. I have designed many for people. Only i have not been confident to actually stick someone repentantly and put my work on someone body. Even though  engoying my art on others is amazing and gratifying  .. i am serious on taking my talents to the next level. I feel who better to ask but more experienced tattoo enthuses about buying the kit/ guns. Could anyone be kind enough to lead me to a decent company /kit to start with. Thanks for anyone who helps me with some  solid advice to get me started on practice and getting a solid feel , until i am ready to mark someone permanently .

Thanks you for any advice.

Wrong thread / wrong site / good night

Got back from the shop a while ago, came back with two new pieces. First and foremost, something I've always wanted, an American traditional panther! I love the way it turned out. And while I was there I got this cool little smoking tophat-skull to go with my cowboy skull on the opposite shoulder.IMG_6762.JPGIMG_6747.JPG

Edited by marfil98

Got back from the shop a while ago, came back with two new pieces. First and foremost, something I've always wanted, an American traditional panther! I love the way it turned out. And while I was there I got this cool little smoking tophat-skull to go with my cowboy skull on the opposite shoulder.IMG_6762.JPG

Ha, well done, right on time for the new contest :-)

I was definitely unable to contain myself the last two months. 

-Dan Sinnes scribbled on this locust yokai at Temple. I'm so pumped on how it came together. He posted a photo of the draw on for hilarity.  

-Valerie Vargas did the Oni/Gorilla fight on my arm at the Bay convention. I liked the idea of the eastern/western imagery clashing. My right arm is all american traditional patchwork and my left is semi-american traditional style patchwork with Japanese imagery. This has already healed ridiculously well.

Henning did the namakubi at the Bay convention. I had been waiting a few years to catch Henning at the convention when he had space from his larger works and this was the year. This is absolutely one of my favorite tattoo's. My girlfriend is definitely not as pumped. I'm blown away by his skill and kindness. 

Dan.jpeg

Val.jpeg

Henning.jpeg